Popular Posts
-
nature backgrounds for computer,nature backgrounds pic,nature backgrounds pictures,nature backgrounds pics,nature backgrounds images,nature ...
-
I feel so honored, and beyond flattered that holly over at decor8 included me in her new 'Creativity Series: Just Do It!' . I was so...
-
Results from Boot Camp III, Assignment #4 , in which you were asked to create a "36 Hours In…" style travel package about a place ...
-
Anime es el término que identifica a los dibujos animados de procedencia japonesa. El anime es un medio de gran expansión en Japón , siend...
-
Romans 4:18-25 (New International Version) 18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as i...
-
I have been getting a new type of assignment over the last few months that I would have never anticipated even a year ago: Shooting corporat...
-
nature wallpapers free,nature wallpapers free pictures,nature wallpapers free pics,nature wallpapers free photos,nature wallpapers free imag...
-
Para cerrar nuestra sesión de imágenes y fotografías de este miércoles 21 de septiembre, compartimos con todos ustedes dos hermosos paisajes...
-
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (KJ...
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
A Filthy Language Primer, Courtesy Chase Jarvis
At first glance, this appears merely to be a very cool behind-the-scenes look at the high-speed flash shooting Chase did last month in New Zealand. Lotsa high-tech flash talk, impossible sequences, killer pics -- yadda, yadda, yadda.
But the real takeaway here is of the etymological variety.
To wit, the adjective "sick." Which, of course, means "good." (Back in my day we went with the much less confusing "bad" when we meant "good.")
But what if something is really sick. As in, sicker than sick? That calls for the word, "filthy."
And if it is filthier than filthy, then of course you'll want to go with, "nasty."
More, including resulting pix, diagrams, and the obligatory lively discussion in the comments, at Chez Chase. I am heading over to read it now, as I sit down for lunch with a slice of filthy, nasty pizza. Which is prolly gonna make me feel sick…
-30-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment