I'm sure you heard a lot of these lately. For Filipinos, I'm sure you've been bombarded with a lot of these. In every commercial break, you find Politicians advertising themselves. In every front page of a newspaper, surely one part talks about a politician and on what he really plans to do. In every Billboard, or footbridge, we see these as well! And yes, even in Facebook invites from your friends asking you to support these "presidentiables" are everywhere.
Hmm...Can we really trust and believe everything they say? Can we really trust their "promises"?
I hear a resounding, "NO WAY!"
That's understandable.
How many times have we been betrayed by these politicians? We trusted Erap to be for the "mahirap" but the records would say he'd been the most extravagant President this country has had. We trusted GMA in Edsa 2. I can no longer count ho many times she betrayed the Filipino people.
This situation is not just true for politicians. Remember the time that your friend didn't show up on your agreed time? Remember the time that your partner didn't do what he promised to do?
I am a victim of broken promises. I'm sure you are too.
But here's the GOOD NEWS:
2 Corinthians 1:20 (The Message)
20-22Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God's Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete.
AMAZING!
What does that mean?
It means all promises you can read from the Bible, they can be real in your LIFE!
Just believe and then it will happen!
The politicians, our friends and even our family can fail but Jesus will never fail! Praise the Lord!
You can read this previous post for further reading: Believe in God's Promises
Popular Posts
-
nature backgrounds for computer,nature backgrounds pic,nature backgrounds pictures,nature backgrounds pics,nature backgrounds images,nature ...
-
Results from Boot Camp III, Assignment #4 , in which you were asked to create a "36 Hours In…" style travel package about a place ...
-
Anime es el término que identifica a los dibujos animados de procedencia japonesa. El anime es un medio de gran expansión en Japón , siend...
-
Romans 4:18-25 (New International Version) 18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as i...
-
I feel so honored, and beyond flattered that holly over at decor8 included me in her new 'Creativity Series: Just Do It!' . I was so...
-
I have been getting a new type of assignment over the last few months that I would have never anticipated even a year ago: Shooting corporat...
-
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (KJ...
-
Hoy quiero compartir con ustedes ' El espejo de Gandhi '. Una excelente reflexión que nos hace ver la vida desde un punto de vista ...
-
This one's gonna make the rounds. Kelby and McNally , apparently having way too much free time on their hands, went and made a spoof o...
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment