Popular Posts

Thursday, December 11, 2008

winter advisory


i think the chaos of the season has finally gotten to me.
today, i proclaim is a "snow day" at the beach. i am officially, 'stilling' myself.
i'm going to drive slowly as if it were snowing {i may even pump my brakes at stop signs}
work minimally
stomp up to the market and pretend to shake something off of my head and tshirt as I walk through the doors into the a.c.
maybe cook something savory that requires a full day on the stove top {of course the house will get stifling hot and all the windows will have to be open}
i may sit at the kitchen table, addressing christmas cards while listening to road conditions on a transitor {which, in los angeles translates to, sig alerts on the 405}
later, i'll drag the 'living tree' that was just delivered inside and begin untangling lights. and tonight we'll listen to christmas music, dress the tree and then maybe take a quiet walk through the neighborhood as a family.
if you live someplace warm, like me, come join me in my festive delusions:


No comments:

Post a Comment