Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

be still life


rhubarb tea lara ferroni

Isn't summer supposed to be a time to slow down? Sip lemonade while sitting on a front porch. Listen to a baseball game on a tinny transistor over the hum of cicadas while eating blueberry buckle? whatever that is.
blueberry buckle- cook's illustrated
I'm almost there. For those of you not following along on facebook, at the end of May, my husband snapped his Achilles tendon...in half. I looked at him as we sat at the Orthopedic surgeon's, and just said, 'You're doing too much. This is someone's way of saying, 'S L O W D O W N' Of course, he never took my advice.

charity shop- kay loves vintage
Today, I went out to my car to find a nice fat bolt, complete with washer, jammed into my rear tire. As I sat there looking , feeling a bit deflated myself, I realized that this too was someone's way of saying, ' S L O W D O W N'

martha stewart living 6/09- photo, peter murdock

and so with only mere weeks left of this summer of '09. I have officially arrived, in summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment