Popular Posts

Monday, September 21, 2009

it's the one about headboards... and a bonus how-to video













A few years ago I was fortunate enough to spend some time at The One and Only hotel in Mexico.
Along with those gorgeous Galbraith and Paul fabrics every where, was this insane, Colcha covered headboard.

I covet the covered headboard. Anytime I see a great one I pull it for my overflowing file.

in my collecting, I've realized a few things. I love nailheads on rectangular headboards {although I've seen them on more curvilinear shapes, I don't love them as much when they're not in a neat little marching row}
actually that's not true, I like the nailheads here.
I don't like a headboard to be too big or puffy. Tight, and a thin-ish profile works for me.
did someone say 'curvilinear'? {off topic, but I love those, monogrammed orange euro shams}

tall is good, you want to be able to see the head board when the pillows are up against it. But keep in mind, if you have a pitched ceiling, you don't necessarily want a really tall headboard.
nailheads and swoopiness. I'm begining to like it the more I write this post. Sometimes you have to lay it all out before you can see it
I love this headboard, even though it's a naked headboard.
These last few are late additions as more than a few of us have headboards on the brain. Found these over at smittendesigns.com. thanks reader, 'elly e' for the headsup.


I had forgotten about this little twin set {above} I've always loved this shot. Not only are the colors lickable, those monogrammed shams, slay. I'm guessing but don't know for sure that they're Leontine.

Back to that Colcha covered headboard that I coveted......What I didn't know was that headboard- the one that I met in Mexico, had an established fan base. {It appeared in Cookie magazine in '05} And Grace Bonney of design*sponge, was one of them.
So inspired was she, that she went out and made herself one. Watch here as she recreates her own version of the One and Only headboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment