When I heard about the news, I thought to myself well he DESERVES it and started to thank God for the victory.
It was when I was chatting with a friend that made me rethink things.
This friend asked, why would we as Christians rejoice for somebody's death?
And he's right.
Because even if how sinful a man can be, he's still a man God loves unconditionally, a man whom Jesus died for just like you and me.We can all say, well his SINS are greater compared to our petty ones. But the truth of the matter is, it's still sin and God detests it. Small or Big.
So the question is, should we rejoice or should we be sad?
Thank God, I found the answer from my favorite author's blog, Joshua Harris:
Justin Taylor helpfully states that "it's appropriate for Christians to intermingle grieving and gratitude. Grief for a life made in the image of God but so destructive of human life and so dishonoring to God. And gratitude for justice being served as an instrument of God's wrath."
Now that's the right perspective!
Just like what Jesus said "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
Source: http://www.joshharris.com/2011/05/how_should_we_respond_to_osama.php
Popular Posts
-
nature backgrounds for computer,nature backgrounds pic,nature backgrounds pictures,nature backgrounds pics,nature backgrounds images,nature ...
-
Results from Boot Camp III, Assignment #4 , in which you were asked to create a "36 Hours In…" style travel package about a place ...
-
Anime es el término que identifica a los dibujos animados de procedencia japonesa. El anime es un medio de gran expansión en Japón , siend...
-
Romans 4:18-25 (New International Version) 18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as i...
-
I feel so honored, and beyond flattered that holly over at decor8 included me in her new 'Creativity Series: Just Do It!' . I was so...
-
Hoy quiero compartir con ustedes ' El espejo de Gandhi '. Una excelente reflexión que nos hace ver la vida desde un punto de vista ...
-
I have been getting a new type of assignment over the last few months that I would have never anticipated even a year ago: Shooting corporat...
-
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (KJ...
-
This one's gonna make the rounds. Kelby and McNally , apparently having way too much free time on their hands, went and made a spoof o...
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment