Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

178 Garfield

from the bb8 annals of lurking....I was clicking through my bookmarks tonight when I came across the site of, Levenson McDavid Architects
their website has a great show of the firms' beautiful work, via their portfolio. I must have looked at it a hundred times before but for some reason,

'178 Garfield' jumped out at me tonight.

When I sat down to write this post, and began mentally, blathering on about old bones, and the juxtaposition of modern and antique, organic and industrial, blah, blah, blah, I had a total sense of deja vu.
Love, love the moulding, the fireplace the soft gray walls. the little row of polaroids {?} lined up on the mantel.
{those chandies. not a fan. just a personal thing}
the Morraccan rug, the Bertoias with the wood dining table.


And then I got to the gray bedroom. That insanely devine gray bedroom.
I stopped.

Wait, a second. Is it? Go back to the yellow sofa shot.
oh yes. This is that home featured on the cover of one of domino's last issues.



Of course, with domino's website 'expired' I had no way of confirming {although could you forget those parquet floors in the bathroom? }. So with a bit of stellar sleuthing {i.e. looking through a couple of back issues I have stacked on my shelf next to me}

I confirmed, it is indeed the home of J. Crew, Creative Director, Jenna Lyons Mazeau. So my apologie if you've seen this a thousand times over. But it's still a completely divine little mixture of all things fabulous with a helping of 'old house lovin'' thrown in for good measure.



"A townhouse gut renovation retained the historic 19th Century detail, yet introduced modern conveniences such as high-efficiency central heating/air-conditioning while giving expression to the sensibilities of this fashion designer/sculptor couple and their young son."
Levenson McDavid Architects
to see domino's photos go here

No comments:

Post a Comment