Popular Posts

Friday, May 8, 2009

Mary: a Blessed Mother | Happy Mother's Day

Luke 2:35 (New International Version)

"...And a sword will pierce your own soul too."

Reflection:

The statement above was told to Mary, the mother of Jesus by Simeon after blessing Jesus in the temple. Read the full account in Luke 2:21-40.

Right here Simeon prophesied that even though you marvel right now of the thought that Jesus will someday be the savior of the world(Luke 2:33), a sword will at the same time pierce your own soul. After hearing this, Mary didn't say a word.

From the start up to this point, Mary just closed her mouth as a sign of her full submission and faith in God's will.

Even up to the point when Jesus was sentenced to death. She remained silent. When everyone was mocking her son, she remained silent. When rulers sneered at Jesus saying, "He saved others, let him save himself", she remained silent. When he was offered vinegar to drink, she didn't say a word. When Jesus, her son was catching his breath on the cross. She sitting near the cross, didn't say a word.

Surely, all these have pierced the mother's heart of Mary but she remained silent.

Why? Because she allowed God to do what God wanted to DO. Her son was not ordinary. His son is God and his son came to die for the world. She knew this even from the start. So even though it hurts her so much as a mother, she chose to forego of her own will and chose to lift up God's will.

How many times did we give up because we're already starting to feel pain? How many times have we given up on God when we started to struggle? How many times did we choose to do our will assuming God will just understand?


May we all be like Mary. May we all be like her in each and every circumstance, crossroad and decision in our lives. May we just be silent and allow God to do his will in our lives. May we just forget what we feel for once and allow God to just do his purposes IN us, through US and FOR us.

It's almost Mother's Day and I'd like to take this opportunity to Praise God and recognize my beloved mother, Marilyn Panuncialman. Hope you will too!


Personal Letter to my mom:

Dear Mom,

I love you.
I love you will all my heart and with all I am.
Thank you for being there for me every step of the way. (bahalag tanga ko, sometimes)
Thank you for disciplining me when I did something wrong.(ang kusi, sakit gyud!)
Thank you for providing everything I needed while I was still growing up. (sa pagpakaon sa dako nako nga appetite)
Thank you for being a model of excellence and success!
Thank you for loving me. You love me so much that I don't think I can ever out-love you.
I am so proud of you and I will always be whatever happens! (Promise!)
My prayer is for you to be happy always and for you to enjoy every good thing this life has to offer. Please know that I'll do everything I can do to make this possible.
I am your number 1 fan, number 1 supporter and number 1 lover.

If I am to be re-birthed, I won't choose any other mother but you.

You take care and be blessed always.

Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment