Popular Posts

Thursday, February 12, 2009

valentines from the heart

The other day, while standing in line at Von's my daughter grabbed a box of Valentine's. Dogs with computer manipulated over sized Keane-like heads and eyes, that if you moved the right way, would get even bigger.
More creepy than cute.

Never one to take the road of least resistance, I insisted we make our own {oh I saw the best idea on-line, trust me it will be great}
*felt fortune cookies.

I know, I haven't any idea what, cookies that have been falsely attributed to the Chinese culture, have to do with a Hallmark invented holiday. But, they sure look darn cute.

and when your mom is that excited about your valentines, you sort of have to stand back and let her wind up.

The whole process was easy-peasy, and this year, the two girls were able and willing to partake.

I saw this idea on petit elefant blog~thank you!

My older daughter at one point asked, 'do you think people are just going to throw these away?' um. probably, but it's all about the creating process
the directions are here at martha's website
I chose to use pipe cleaners and a glue gun {we like instant satisfaction around here}

If all of that sounds like too much, the above idea was posted on black*eiffel really cute and customizable to your hears content.

happy valentine's day
*You can't really put candy in these. I ended up buying glassine bags to hold the fortune cookie plus a few chocolate candies, tying it off with a black and white polka dot ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment