Popular Posts

Monday, June 15, 2009

trisha's baby shower



Over the weekend, along with two friends, I hosted a baby shower in my front yard. It was so much fun, planning and art directing the whole event. And the sun even decided to break through the 'June gloom' of coastal fog we've been having.

I've never owned a lick of blue willow anything. I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to load up, as I wanted the table to have a classic, elegant-casual garden party feel. After a few evenings on ebay I was able to find a dealer who would sell a lot to me for $4.00 a plate. Pottery barn and Cost Plus had great chargers for the cause- caned and woven
I used burlap as the table cloth {I love the look of burlap and it's so inexpensive at $3.00 a yard}
we bought hydrangeas, white roses and some green stuff {no idea the name}
and created little tight arrangements in Liberty bowls that I had laying around. Super easy.
A fantastic meal was whipped up by our resident chefs {husbands} and enjoyed by all {I just noticed everyone cleaned their plates!}
.........and Trisha and new baby walked away with some fantastic haul!



I wish I had thought to take a photo of the food, plated, it was really beautiful. However, I did mention to a few, that I'd post the recipe for the egg number.

...................................................................

Egg in a Nest
{adapted from my friend,Wimberly's recipe}
greased cupcake pan
dozen eggs
sliced deli ham
chopped tarragon
diced shallots
diced mushrooms
shredded cheddar cheese
holandaise sauce
whole wheat english muffin


In each cupcake pan, space, neatly fold a slice of ham in a conical shape {it helps to cut halfway up the middle of the piece}
Sautee, the mushrooms and shallots until clear {use a lot of mushrooms, as they do shrink down}
Pour the mixture into the bottom of ham 'nest' and crack egg on top.
stick pan into oven and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
toast english muffins.
when egg is done, place the 'nest' on top of the half toasted muffin, sprinkle cheese on top, drizzle holandaise sauce and garnish with the tarragon.
eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment