Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the wrap-up

I'm on a roll. more re-purposed paper goods. and then I'll move on.


We used to go to town with the modpodge.....B.I.T.D. Everything was fair game, including the basement stairwell of my parents' house which, to this day, remains wrapped in New Yorker covers dating back to the early 70s.
With the revival of hand printed wallpapers that push the creative limits, the two concepts have taken the gluey act of cutting, pasting and plastering to a level of elegance, that seats itself far and away from the hippy vibe of yore.


Using wall papers from such leaders of innovation in the field: Osborne & Little, Cole & Son and Timorous Beasties, Bryonie Porter has created a line of furnishing that appeals to anyone wanting to update their space while recycling a tired looking piece.

The only wah. factor: Porter is based in the U.K. {not an easy get, for those of us in the U.S.}


The bonus thing is that I'm completely inspired by her work. I have a feeling this looks much easier than it is, when it comes to the actual execution {did I ever tell you about the time I tried to make-my-own John Derien plates? } But if Mrs. Blandings can do *this* then dammit, I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment