Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

found::


Found, while in New York, in the deep recesses of a winter coat I haven't worn in a million years. I , blindly, fumbled with this all week assuming it was an old match book or something. Finally I pulled it out of my pocket and unfolded it. An original business card from Alessandra Branca's boutique in Chicago, circa 1990 something.
I remember going into this shop everytime I'd visit, and keeping the card because it was so cute -with its hand stamped detailing- and because the store was an absolute favorite of mine.


My friend Joni asked me, if I ever met her while in there. You know, I want to say 'yes, I did' because I feel like I do remember a cool/chic looking blonde woman being there when I was. But who knows, probably wishful thinking.

I'm just relieved to know that apparently I had much better taste in some things, than I remember having, in 1990 whatever.
**btw, I did email Alessandra the scan above and she replied :

"Yes, that was my store on Rush!!! Brings back great memories to me too to hear of it. I miss it sometimes...
Thank you again for including me on the blog...
Happy New Year!!!
A"

No comments:

Post a Comment