Popular Posts

Thursday, April 1, 2010

This week on the Skirted Round Table:: negativity in the design world


My daily list of blog reads is made up of several genres: mommy-creative blogs, indie design blogs, music blogs, fashion blogs and interior design blogs.
I may be completely naive, but quite honestly, I rarely see anything but supportive commenting in the former three. In fact, when I feel like the waters are getting too rough in the Interior Design Blog world, and the puff-puffery of breast feathers is getting too full, I like to read my Indie Design blog line-up for grounding. I always feel a gentleness and nurturing to the approach of creativity on those blogs. And with that comes the remind that, really, when it comes down to it, it's all self expression and creativity. Nobody is better, nobody is 'right'.


In the April issue of House Beautiful, Editor in Chief, Stephen Drucker addresses the negativity that seems to be prevalent in the Interior Design world. Linda, Joni and I all found this subject worthy of further discussion......and apparently so did many, many more of you. Have a listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment