Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I dream of genies


Tired of using and hearing the term, "genius!",
my friends and I shortened it to, "genie", "you're a genie" or sometimes, "genie in a bottle" {usually said with little or no emotion. i'm not sure why, but that's how it's done }
the following are a few product designs that I find super genie~




Snap and Dine~ generally, this term is more about how I serve up dinner at my house. I think grade schools should make this mandatory in the lunch line.
product designer: demelza hill

Hamster Shredder~terrible name. we used to have a pet mouse named 'tooth' {it was white} how handy would this have been? shreds the paper for you as it runs on the wheel.
genie, tom,
pure genie.
product designer: tom ballhatchet

Flying Carpet~ any of the corners can be rearranged over the wedges, for a comfortable little putting green to hang out, eat your cereal, wear your red pants, drink some brown stuff and watch a little T to the V.
product designer: emili ana design studio

Fading Page A Day Calendar~ the ink fades as the day passes. Kind of like eye liner.
product designer: shiyuan

Glide Toaster~ sometimes you have to shorten, "brizilliant" to "brazil". this would be one of those times.
bread goes in to the ceramic toaster and gllllliddddes on through to the holder.
brazil.
product designer: george watson

"Central Park" wallpaper~ Don't just speed pass this. Come in closer....closer. Rats and fire hydrants. Do you see them? All wrapped up and pretty.
Someone please put this in your guest bathroom. I don't really do gold, so not me, but the humor in this is wonderfully passive.
product designer: dan funderburgh


Little Field of Flowers~ then there's the king, die-cut, cool product design genie himself: Tord Boontje.
Die-cut, wool felt flower rug.
Comes in autumn red too! Tord you're a brazil genie in my book.
product designer: Tord Boontje

No comments:

Post a Comment