Popular Posts

Monday, October 27, 2008

light in shining armor

Not long ago, my friend Patricia of Mrs.Blandings, did a great posting on updating one's outdoor area with symmetrical, iron design elements. One of her finds was this great light fixture from shades of light:
I had once bookmarked it or tagged it, and had since forgotten all about it. But now that I have the ubiquitous 'Imperial Trellis' wallpaper living in my home {settle down. I know it's everywhere... and I still like it } a renewed interest got the best of me.


I have to hop in here and tell anyone that's spotted the painting on the ceiling, I DID NOT stencil my ceiling. It was done by the previous owner. Everytime I attempt to edit it out of the photo, it just looks funkier. So there it is. In all of its unmitigated glory. Look at it and wonder, as i have, "wtf?"


Bonus: the price was great for a quick fix. I have no issues with painting a room or hanging a few rolls of wallpaper, but having recently stuck my finger in a light bulb socket~ a weird and painful experience~ I don't mess with the electricity.
I left the job to Nick, who did a great job and I should apologize right here for muttering under my breath to Patricia, that his handyman prowess is limited to putting up Christmas trees. He has been exonerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment