Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

pumpkin seed laureates


photo cred: martha stewart via aphrochic on flickr

Last year, around this time, I posted some great recipes and photos, giving total: credit, praise, snap-finger-gun-winks and long meaningful blog hugs etc. where they were due ~ along with a link to the source. A few days later, the author of the recipes emailed me and asked me not to use them.

actually the email kind of went something like this {in caps}:
" HEY! BEACH BUNGALOW 8 YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE MY RECIPES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AND THEN GO PUT THEM ON YOUR BLOG!!!!"
did you know this? recipes are copyrighted? Seriously, I didn't know recipes were considered literature.
Red cheeked, palms up, head tilted in my best mea culpa stance, I removed it all {except for the photos, the source was ok with the photos} and, people, I won't do that again. ever. I won't even mention the site...which is actually quite good. Instead I'll share with you my very own, recipes given willfully by my friends~ the great pumpkin seed laureates themselves:
Analisa: "I just kind of wing it. lil butter, salt, sometimes spices... actually, Tanner did a bunch of different kinds...chili or cayenne pepper for spicy, cinnamon and sugar for sweet, garlic salt, and the list goes on."
~Yum! thanks Ana, sounds like Tanner's some cook!

Ally: "Clean the seeds, rinse and leave in a colander for a few hours, spread out on a baking sheet, cover and cover and cover with salt, and more salt and roast in the oven, I think I did a lower temp, maybe 250, for about an hour. Stinky breath, ooh wee, stinky stinky stinky. But so tasty."
~Ally, fellow sister in the Over Sensitive Olfactory Sorority, if the whole party is eating them...who cares?

Ann: " I just put mine on a cookie sheet with olive oil and kosher salt until they are a little toasted and slightly brown and they are yummy!"
~Ann, sometimes simple is best.

and finally my recipe:
clean the goobies off of the seeds
place in a bowl and toss with melted butter and any spice that suits your fancy. Salty and sweet is good, as are Cajun spices or Indian spices {I've even heard of ground black tea used here}
spread out on cookie sheet {if you're patient, let dry over night~ I have no patience}
bake in preheated 300 degree oven for at least 30 minutes


BTW: feel free to post these recipes recklessly, all over the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment