Popular Posts

Monday, January 12, 2009

I swoon



Please tell me you know of Christopher Spitzmiller and his incredible hand made, ceramic lamp collection?
I know, some of you just gave me a big weary sigh and a shake of the head. but whether you are well versed in his stunning work or are new to it all, you must jump over to the NY social diary's house post featuring him, his home and the studio where all the magic happens.

But first a few teasers:
um.I don't mean to sound like a 10 year old talking about Kevin Jonas, but really, what's not to love.
I'm trying so hard not to be that blogger who steals other blogger's stories, but the images of his home {and there are more} are beautiful. nysocialdiary


and then, by god, the man lets us peak into his closet. and guess what, he is human.

but for me, after the interior shots, this is where the story gets great. The post gives you a tour of his studio, interviews him about the process, why the lamps cost so damn much, and the creators behind the process.
I believe Spitzmiller to be one of the great designers/artists of our time. His work 'cost so damn much' because what he creates is fine art. And relatively speaking, it's worth every damn penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment