Popular Posts

Monday, January 19, 2009

pointless, incessant barking

Today: a completely rambling, non sequitur list of 'things'

I don't understand red velvet cake.
{and , 'it's a southern thing' doesn't explain}

the minolta 16

For much of the 70s, my father never left the house without this in his breast pocket.
As an architect, he was constantly shooting anything that inspired. So even though most of our vacation photos were of buildings and seemingly mundane shots of anything but us, it was and still is, one of the many reasons why my dad is cool.
I took this picture over my Christmas break at Nepenthe. That guy, with the camera? David Soul. We sang 'don't give up us on baby' all the way to our next destination. {I'd make a bad spy. I'm terrible at shooting from the hip. I needed my dad's camera for this.}
Today my head is filled with this {and i do think this is a great piece from lizard press}
team donn

If you don't watch this, then go read the fabulous SGM for the best recaps on the net.
Those of you who do, knuckle-to-knuckle knock for team donn. Keep strong donn. We're backing you. You have the patience of an angel {support Mr. Gunvalson with a 'team donn' shirt. Currently available on this little blog o' mine and at sgm}


fennel.
Completely underrated. Roasted on its own or with chicken, put into a soup~ it's delishi~oso and very good for you. This recipe for cream of fennel soup, takes names.

'Thanks and Have Fun Running the Country'
The cute book with funny title, from McSweeney filled with letters of advice and guidance, from children to President Obama.
and that's all I have for you.
Where's the bark collar....
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue where I found this image. If it's yours, please let me know and I'll promptly credit you. thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment