Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

today I am wearing...




Sitting in front of my computer, late night, eating donuts, still in my work-out clothes, I like to peruse fashion blogs.
one of my of my favorites as of late is 'sea of shoes'. this girl {jane} slays me with her design sense. She's, like, 16 or something living with her mom, sister and about 80 thousand dollars worth of shoes in a beautifully done, dallas town house.
She's fearless and masterful at mixing thrifted, new and vintage designer clothes with this insane shoe collection.
.
Rachel Zoe: be nervous. {and if bravo is smart, they'd be all over this idea.}
she often posts, 'what i'm wearing today' in which she notes, the designer and source of each piece in her outfit.
apparently, she throws this sort of thing together to run for chinese food or to go shopping with her mom.
even if you're not into the fashion aspect, her mom's townhouse is fun to see.
the apple falls not far from the tree.

{go check out her blog, it will captivate}



oh, and in case you're wondering, today I'm wearing a puffy ski vest over a billabong t-shirt with some old level 99 jeans. no shoes.


I feel as though I should jump in and note something.
Quite obviously Jane does not have a government subsidized grant for shopping, nor is an after school job affording her $500.00 shoes.
I assume her mother is paying for this.
Should she or her mother be made wrong ? Does this somehow mean she's spoiled? While I don't know her from Adam, I will ask you this; If I have the opportunity and means to surround my children, expose and educate them to fine art,

Why would or should I hold back? If I had a Thibaut that would look great in my daughter's room, than by god, there it will hang.
Fashion is another form of art. It's creative self expression.
Because of her thorough knowledge, and exposure, this girl is already well on her way to being a true force in the fashion/arts industry.
I applaud her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment