Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

what she didn't wear

what's she wearing, what's she wearing......move the camera. come on. ok. now I can see it.
ah. beautiful. yellow. great color on her. what shoes though. God, pan down so that I can check out the shoes. oh! damn! she's seated. love that neckline. what is that? crystal? stunning. great coat. classic yet modern design. Timeless....... They're all so mellow in that family........ I wonder if the older kid is getting bored..... She looks bored.... Cute little coat..... She looks bored to tears. Wonder what's going through her mind.... "these tights itch", "I should've snuck my nintendo", "who decided leather gloves are warm?" Yes. Must be, she just stuck them in her pocket.
More fidgeting. I'd die. Let's see how Michelle handles this. ooh. nice stern, disapproving-yet loving glare. great technique M.
Lovely. oh here comes the star spangled banner....tears. more tears. love my country. sigh. Can't wait to see what she wears tonight....


While, my fellow bloggers around the blog pond are fervently scribing posts on Isabel Toledo this evening, I've decided to instead, post a few of the submissions that didn't make the cut for the Inaugural Ball.



rodarte
Love this sketch. Sort of funny and beautiful. Couldn't tell you what the dresses are like.


peter som

Winter white peau de soie. So crisp. But maybe too 'wedding shoe' ish?



oscar de la renta
Very Oscar. Did you know he was such an illustrator?



koi suwwanagate

How do you choose? I've always like the look of a cashmere cardi over a ball gown.


kai milla



This pen and ink? In sepia? Love. and the dress? mwah, so in hearts with it.

diane von furstenberg
Who doesn't love dvf. Simple, elegant and understated.



betsey johnson

Oh, Betsey, you're still so whacky. Cart wheels!...but not this time.

isaac mizrahi

...Can do no wrong in my book. I'd choose this so that he would be the Elton to my princess Di.
and in the end, Jason Wu wins.

....what's she wearing, what's she wearing...... great arms, who knew......uh. wow...ok. wait a minute....um..... I'll let the fashionista blogs rip this one to shreds.

in the vein of uncle tim , I raise my eye brow, casting a leery glance over my glasses and finally announce, 'carry on!'

No comments:

Post a Comment