Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

anonymously kind




It's hot, even at the beach. It's August. The back of my neck is damp with sweat. Windows are cranked, wide open, the fan whirrs behind me but still, not enough air. The kids are arguing over something insipid, my stomach growls but I'm too tired and hot to go make myself lunch. These are the dog days of summer. And it can make mama a bit cranky on some days.
But then you run across something like this: 'secret agent L', and the heavy pall of the summer afternoon crumbles away, and like a breathe of fresh air- you're invigorated all over again.
a blog dedicated to simple, anonymous act of kindness {imagine that fellow bloggers, anonymous and kindness, really can be used in the same sentence}
Secret Agent L is the moniker for a doer of kind deeds, who leaves little words of love and encouragement - and the occasional gift. Not asking that the recipient do anything in return - but imagine what the world might be like if they did...

With my kids driving me bonkers with 'nothing to do' this week, this blog has inspired us.

We're planning our own little Secret Agent 8 deposit at undisclosed location near the sea. Check back for photos....

No comments:

Post a Comment