Popular Posts

Monday, August 17, 2009

mission accomplished and cupcakes too.

A few weeks ago I posted about a website, dedicated to preforming random acts of kindness under the guise of being a secret agent of love. Secret Agent L.
After posting about it, the head Agent, sent me an invitation to become an Affliated Agent. An accomplice in sharing the kindness. And If I agreed to take this challenge, would I please leave one of the official cards.
Today was a long day. Summer for us, isn't over for a few more weeks. While, Henry James may have said, 'Summer Afternoon, the two most beautiful words in the English language" I say, hot. cranky. bored children. why oh why didn't I cover August with camps.

We sat at the kitchen table eating our lunch of tuna fish salad sandwiches, one nit picking everything the other was doing or saying. ENOUGH. It was then that I felt that this little tribe needed a shot of kindness, right through the heart. Perfect timing for our mission of kindness.

we hunted for the perfect saying, and using one of my Wiley & Valentine letterpress cards {yes, that's a plug}, we wrote out our chosen words.
Then we added a $5.00 gift card {not supposed to go over $5.00 if you add something of monetary value} and slipped it into the envelope and took off for the Pier.

The adrenaline started rising, we chose the first bench and sat.

my two accomplices. acting, 'cool' at my directive.
I'm a shenanigan prankster, from way back, so with authority, I hushed, 'be cool, be cool'. We set our little gift down,
and with all the coolness an 8 year old and an 11 year old could muster, we sauntered off down the pier.

Oh, but it was hard, lots of obvious glances over the shoulder {god, I'm so glad I didn't hang out with these two clowns in highschool. We never would have gotten away with anything}

about 5 minutes later a woman and her friend, on CRUTCHES no less, sat down. we couldn't have written this better. They read it, we couldnt' really tell if they were blown away by our kindness or a little freaked out {we were a bit too far away to tell } and then we slipped into the aquarium for a little fish time.
It's a bit disconcerting that this guy may be slithering about our legs as we frolic in the froth.



On the way home my 11 year old, said, 'I just feel this all over rush of happiness'. Her sister, grabbbed my hand and said, 'Let's go get cupcakes ' Mission accomplished, and a beautiful Summer Afternoon.
If you're interested in becoming an Affliate Agent go to the website here. And let me in on the ruse. I love this kind of thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment