Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ink & spindle ~ handpainted textiles


I once tried to screen-print a cup cake design on 10 little t-shirts to use as party favors for my two year old's birthday. It was hard: fumbly and messy, and not at all accurate. The design was the least of my problems, the mechanics of my little table top screen printer had me feeling as though I was doing it all wearing mittens. In short, it didn't really work.
Whenever I see hand printed fabrics, I get a little weak in the knees. The Australian design house, Ink & Spindle is one of my favorites always. They consistently create beautiful, simple designs.

Ink & Spindle, is a boutique screen-printing studio run by three Melbourne textile designers – Lara Cameron, Bianca van Meeuwen and Tegan Rose. Beautiful, high quality, modern designs seemingly inspired by nature. The Birch Forest design might be my favorite:
I love seeing this fabric made into wearable art. {And I'd love this simple, pencil skirt}


photo courtesy of Assemblage

adorable frocks...

would make beautiful drapes for a window against a tonal wall.

visit their shop here:: ink & spindle
first four photos: Marcel Lee of Bulb Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment