Popular Posts

Monday, August 31, 2009

"I can totally make that..."

Famous last words.
Spend any amount of time with me window shopping and before you know it, I'm want to utter that phrase. Or I say something like, "please. don't buy that....you could totally make that. I'll show you!" I'm not sure if it's the girl scout in me or having a mother who was, literally and figuratively, the mother of all DIYers {someday I'll have her scan photos of the Halloween costumes she made for us as kids} but the blog 'P.S. I made this' ranks high on my "frequent visit for inspiration" list.
Many years ago, when I first saw John Derian's work, I made a feeble attempt to reproduce my version of his decoupaged plates. While, my efforts looked more like a Pier one plate smeared with Mod Podge and some clipped photos, it was not remotely in the same realm as the master's work. However, seeing this posting, inspired me to maybe give it another try:
Or what about this affordable, adorable, summer scarf:

This nautical flag sign would be great at a beach themed party, there are so many spin offs of this you could create.



Today over at Refinery29 {a fantastic site } P.S I made this has created a special, sparkly DIY project just for the readers of Refinery 29. check it out here

As a blue eyed man once said, "If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere".
Now, go, get inspired and be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment